Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And here's the problem with a bucket list...

I was feeling really happy about crossing things off of my bucket list. Something I didn't expect was the way it would make me feel physically. To deliberately go out and eat back to back to back foods that are very rich and loaded with dairy products does eventually take its toll. Especially when you are someone who is somewhat allergic to dairy.

Blech. That is how I feel right now. I was trying to rid my house of the last of the non-vegan foods yesterday and today and it just pushed me over the edge. I even had to turn down an invite to the Mongolian grill, one of my favorites, tonight. Argh! I don't even know if I can bring myself to eat the last 2 eggs in my fridge. It sounds ridiculous, but the thought of it makes me not want to eat. So, I will not eat, until this blech feeling passes. I think it was my eating the last Amy's cheese pizza for lunch that did it. Carbs + cheese = :/

On a positive note, I am just about ready to call myself a vegan. It's a scary first step and a big one, but I'm ready. I just need to buy a few groceries and make sure I'm prepared and I will give the green light and announce my new status on Facebook. That's how all things become official nowadays, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment